Would you guys have it any other way, than for me to be behind schedule and post everything a day late and a dollar short? I thought not. Ok, so.. Thomas originally came across this delightful recipe, and whipped me up a batch of the best eggnog I’ve ever had! We did a few minor adjustments though, which I just had to share…
BTW, this recipe definitely calls for espresso, but if you have no way of obtaining such, just brew some strong coffee. I highly recommend the Aeropress as a great way to make espresso-like coffee perfect for recipes like this – but waaaay cheaper than buying an espresso machine!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 large eggs
- 3oz sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1oz brandy
- 1oz spiced rum
- 8oz whole milk
- 2oz of heavy whipping cream
- 2oz of espresso (or strong coffee)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Whipped cream (also optional)
- A bit of ice (even more optional)
WHAT TO DO:
- Add the eggs into your blender, blend for two full minutes to really aerate and emulsify the eggs.
- After about two minutes, add the sugar and continue blending for a minute longer. During this time, pull your shots of espresso to have ready. (or brew your coffee)
- In a separate container from the blender, add the cream and milk, then the espresso, and the nugmeg last – which will help reduce “shock” to the espresso. Stir well.
- Next, pour the mixture into the blender. Also add the spiced rum and brandy, and blend well for about 2 minutes.
- For best results, allow the eggnog to set in the fridge for about 3 hours… otherwise, place over ice if you’re in a hurry!
- Top it off with a bit of whipped cream, nutmeg and a cinnamon stick!