This recipe is so great though, because its just so FAST (no eggs!) but….Doh! I didn’t get this done in time for Sunday, so it will be a Sweet Sunday on a Monday. Well… seriously, you had a rough start to the week… right? Forget that this is a day or a month late. Make your self this quick, indulgent, fabulous treat.. sit down, enjoy yourself, and kick back while skimming through the rest of my blog. Yeahhhhh…
HOW TO MAKE A QUICK AND EASY CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO MOUSSE
- 2 shots espresso (or about 4 ounces of strong-brewed coffee)
- 8 ounces Ghirardelli chocolate chips (or any chocolate chips, but these are AWESOME)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Put your chocolate chips and espresso shots together in a small saucepan over medium heat, and stir frequently until the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside for now.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a standing mixer and beat until the cream begins to thicken (or a bowl/electronic hand mixer).
- Slowly add the sugar, just a bit at a time until fully blended.
- Continue blending until stiff peaks form in the whipping cream.
- Mix the chocolate/espresso into the bowl with whipping cream and blend carefully on slow, or even just with a spatula (to keep the mixture from deflating).
- Spoon the mixture into small bowls or glasses, chill in the fridge or eat straight away!