I’ve been seeing this recipe going around lately, so I’m a little bummed that it took me so long to blog my own version since we’ve been making this for several years now… oh well, I’m behind as usual. Still, this yummy-in-my-tummy concoction of healthiness and deliciousness needs even more recognition.
Like most children, I was never a fan of Brussels. And like most children, I had them either steamed or boiled. After I married, we really experimented with our veggies to see what ways we can enjoy them… and this is one of the ways. I bet I eat more Brussels now, than anyone you know! I love them as a side, but I’ll eat them as a full meal as well. The great thing about them, is they are super fast and easy to make!
\\ WHAT YOU DO //
- Gather your Brussels, rinse them if you like, and cut them into halves or quarters (depending on their size).
- Drop them into a mixing bowl, and toss them in about a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the Brussels to a heated skillet on the burner at about medium-high. Cook without stirring until the undersides of the sprouts turn golden brown, then toss them a few times to cook on the other sides.
- And whatever seasonings you like. I just do a bit of pepper, but there are so many possibilities! Cayenne pepper, rosemary, parsley, onion powder, garlic…
- Place them onto your pretty-pretty plate and sprinkle with Feta or Parmesan cheese!